Wednesday, February 25, 2009

EASY Japanese Stir Fry

Last night I felt like making a very quick dinner... I was short on time and needed something tasty. And somehow, I delivered! Great for a Chinese-food fix.

Japanese Stir Fry
- 2-3 chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces (I used one pouch of Tariyaki Marinated Chicken from CostCo)
- 1/2 package Soba (Japanese Wheat Noodles)
- 1 bunch Asparagas, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 Tblsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Pepper flakes
- Tariyaki Sauce to taste
- 1 Tblsp Olive Oil
- 2 Green Onions, chopped


1. Boil Soba noodles for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain, set aside.
2. Heat wok or deep skillet with olive oil on medium high heat.
3. Brown chicken with garlic and ~ 1/4C Tariyaki (~ 5-6 min).
4. Add Asparagas, Bell Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes. Reduce to medium heat.
5. Let simmer until vegetables are soft (~7-8 min). You may need to add more Tariyaki sauce to coat veggies. I used about 1/2 C total. (I also added some water to add some moisture to cook the veggies without making the flavor too intense)
6. Add noodles to wok and stir until chicken and veggies are evenly distributed.
7. Add green onion and lighly mix in.

It is that easy! And OOOOH so tasty! Of course, once again, I did not take a picture. :-( I need to get better about this....

No comments:

Post a Comment