Monday, February 2, 2009

Biscuit Quiche Thingies

I haven't come up with a good name for this delicious treat, so I just call them Biscuit Quichey Thingies. Original, I know. :-) I made these for a baby shower yesterday, and they are always a guaranteed hit. I like them because you can pretty much add whatever ingredients you have, and they turn out great every time. My mother-in-law gave me the idea for these, and I have altered the recipe several times for different ingredients that I have. For the snacks I made yesterday, I used the following:

- 1 Can of refrigerator Flaky Biscuits
- 3 Tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 pouch of Recipe Style bacon bits
- ~ 3/4 cup Mayo
- 1 package shredded Swiss cheese
- Mini Muffin Tins


To prepare crusts:

1. Spray muffin tins with Pam.
2. Peel apart the layers of a biscuit and press into a mini muffin tin. (I normally am able to get 3-4 layers out of one biscuit.) I also smash the dough with my fingers to make it a little larger so that it fills the bottom and sides of the mini muffin container.

To prepare filling:

1. Combine tomatoes, green onion, bacon and cheese in a bowl. Toss to mix.
2. Add Mayo (I used fat free mayo) to the mix, one spoon full at a time. The goal is to coat all of the dry ingredients, but not have globs of mayo at the bottom. You may use more or less than the suggested 3/4 cup, depending on how much tomato and onion there are.


- Scoop a spoon full of the filling into each mini muffin spot. (don't you love my technical language?!) Do not overfill.
- Bake at 400 F for 10-12minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.



Recipe Variations (that I have tried):

- Add a package of frozen spinach, drained
- Use real bacon
- Use any type of cheese (I once used Asiago and it was DELICIOUS!)
- Use chicken, diced apple, and Swiss
- Mushroom, spinach, and mozzarella

You can really use your imagination with these! If you try this out with a different variation, I would love to hear!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog off of your facebook! Your food looks so yummy! You should visit my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete