Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

Yesterday morning I had a little time before I needed to leave for work, so I decided to throw some things in the crockpot so dinner would be ready for us in the evening and I woulnd't have to do much work! I have a typical Mexican Chicken meal I make, but this time I changed it up a little, and it was delicious. Once again, I didn't get a picture of it (I am new to this, ok!?), but it was still SOOOO yummy.

Mexican Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, trimmed of fat
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic

- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup, 98% fat free
- 1 can Corn
- 1 can Rotel

In the crockpot, layer ingredients in the order they are mentioned above. Do not drain corn or Rotel... you will need to liquids to keep everything moist! **You can also pre mix the soup, corn, and rotel in a bowl before pouring into crockpot, but it is not necessary.**

Cook on low for 6-7 hours. When finished cooking, shred chicken (either remove from pot and shred, or just use a fork and knife to shred in the pot) and stir.

Serve alone or over rice. Garnish with guacamole and sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. YEAH for Crockpot recipes! They are my FAV! It's pretty sad when my friends call me the crock-pot whore because that is where my true-cooking love lies! All this to say that yes, I will definitely be trying this soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crock pot recipes! and i love Mexican recipes! and chicken recipes! ok i just love recipes!

    ReplyDelete