Monday, January 26, 2009

The ladies from our Sunday School class had a lovely little girl's night on Friday. We got together for food and fellowship and made No-Sew Blankets to donate to Mission Arlington. Yes, we made some cute blankets. Yes, we had some good conversation. But most importantly, we stuffed our faces with some delicious food! I tried out a new recipe that I half-way took from the Kraft website and half-way made myself... it is good enough to deal with having a tummy ache for a few hours!

SPINACH QUESO


1 16oz Velveeta, cubed (I used 2% Velveeta... so I could eat a little more!)
1 8oz Cream Cheese, cubed (I used 1/3 less fat... so I could eat EVEN MORE!!!)
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package pre-cooked Bacon
1 box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
Cilantro, chopped, according to taste (I used about 1/2 cup)
Green Onion, Chopped, according to taste (I used 5 or 6 green onions)
1 Jalapeno, diced

1) Place cubed velveeta and cream cheese, along with undrained Rotel into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 60 second increments until melted, stirring after each increment.
2) Add Bacon, spinach, cilantro, green onion and jalapeno. Stir.
3) Microwave for an additional 60 seconds.
4) Serve with tortilla chips, and enjoy! (This can also be done in the crock pot... add all ingredients and heat on high until melted, then turn to "keep warm".)




No comments:

Post a Comment